In order to limit the further spread of COVID-19 and in light of guidelines from the State and County Health Departments, the City of Newark is closing certain areas of ALL City park playgrounds, restrooms, and sports courts.
The closure affects:
- Birch Grove Park - 38080 Birch Street: Playground
- Byington Park- 5825 Central Avenue: Playground
- Civic Center Park - Civic Terrace Avenue : Playgrounds
- Community Park - 35501 Cedar Blvd. : Tennis Courts, Playground & Basketball Court
- Jerry Raber Ash Street Park - 37365 Ash Street: Playground & basketball court
- Mayhews Landing Park - 6251 Montcalm Avenue: Playgrounds & Basketball Court
- Mel Nunes Sportsfield Park - 6800 Mowry Avenue: Turf Fields and Skate Park
- Mirabeau Park - 35820 Haley Street: Playground
- Musick Park - 5593 Musick Avenue: Playground
- NewBark Dog Park - 35501 Cedar Blvd.
- Susan Johnson Bridgepointe Park - 36111 Spruce Street: Playground
- All City park restroom facilities