What is YOUR Priority?
A message from Newark City Manager
David J. Benoun
Your health and safety remain our highest priority. The City is working hard to ensure community needs continue to be addressed during this public health crisis, including maintaining public safety and fiscal stability in this time of uncertainty.
Your local, voter-approved funding has helped maintain the City's emergency reserves and fiscal stability during this time. Maintaining local control of this Newark funding will help prevent further cuts to critical local services that many other East Bay cities are experiencing. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee the state or federal government will be able to help cities the size of ours.
As we plan together for Newark's future, it is more important than ever that we hear from you - the residents we serve. The City is committed to continuing to provide adequate, effective public safety services, local business support, and emergency preparedness - but would like to hear from you on those or other priorities. To date, your neighbors' have said their priorities are in order of importance:
- Maintaining 911 emergency response, fire protection, and public safety services
- Maintaining neighborhood police patrols, crime prevention, anti-drug/gang prevention
- Maintaining city streets/repair potholes, improving safety and creating jobs
- Supporting local businesses through our local economic recovery
- Helping Newark residents and families in financial recovery
Thank you to the residents who have already provided feedback in our recent community survey. There is still time to tell us your priorities if you haven't already. Join the conversation at #NewarkStrong.
If you are unable to access the link above, call (510) 578-4625 and City staff will be more than happy to take your comments over the phone.