Applying for a Permit
Some building permits do not require plans. If you are not sure please contact the Building Inspection office. Some of the common exceptions are;
- Water heater replacements
- Electrical service upgrades
- Re-piping an existing residence
- Minor electrical work
- Minor plumbing work
- Heater and/or air conditioning installations and replacements
- Pest control damage
- Tub and/or shower installations and replacements
- Same configuration kitchen remodels
To apply for a permit please see the following process:
- Complete the Permit Application. Please ensure that the form is completely filled out with all the required information.
- Email the completed permit application to email@example.com.
- Staff will retrieve the permit application and enter it into the City’s permit tracking system.
- Once that application is processed, you will be sent an invoice and payment instructions to process payment of the permit fees. If an application is received prior to 4 p.m. on a City working day, you will receive the invoice that day. Permit applications received after 4 p.m. will be processed the following business day.
- Once Finance has notified the applicant that the payment has been processed, the applicant will advise the Building Inspection Division.
- Building Inspection staff will generate the building permit and email it to the applicant to sign.
- Once the applicant signs the permit, it will be emailed back to the Building Inspection staff for further processing.