Red button alert



City Clerk

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City Clerk prepares agendas and minutes for the City Council meetings, coordinates city elections with the Alameda County Registrar of Voters and manages the Fair Political Practice Commission's campaign finance disclosure filings and Statement of Economic Interests forms.

The City Clerk's office maintains the Newark Municipal Code, which is a compilation of all city ordinances, and oversees legal notices and other publications. The City Clerk's office also receives all claims filed against the city.

The City Clerk's office coordinates Public Records Act requests and process board and commission applications for appointments.

Weed Abatement

Resolution No. 11041 finding and declaring that weeds growing on specified properties are public nuisances.

Municipal Code

The Newark Municipal Code is a compilation of the City ordinances that have been approved by the City Council. Ordinances generally go into effect 30 days after the second reading and adoption. Supplements to the Municipal Code are completed on an annual basis. Adopted ordinances not yet codified are listed on the first page of the Municipal Code.

Administrative Citation Appeal

If you have received an administrative citation, you may appeal the determination that you violated a City ordinance, the penalty imposed, or both.

If you wish to appeal the citation, please download the Appeal of Administrative Citation Form (PDF) and submit it to the City Clerk’s office within the deadlines described on the form.

If you wish to request a waiver of the advance deposit that is normally required to file an appeal, please download the Request for Advance Deposit Hardship Waiver (PDF) and submit to the City Clerk’s office within the deadlines described on the form.

Please follow the directions on the form for the next steps and deadlines. If you have any questions about filing an administrative appeal, please contact the City Clerk’s Office via telephone at (510) 578-4278 or email

If a contestant of an Administrative Citation is not satisfied with the Hearing Officer’s decision, the contestant may file a Notice of Appeal with the Alameda County Superior Court. Please download the Notice of Appeal of Decision of Hearing Officer (PDF) and file with the Court within the deadlines described on the form.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer