Mike Bucci is a lifelong Newark resident. He and his wife Megan are raising their daughter Kendra in the same community that Mike grew up in. Mike’s community service in Newark includes chairing and fundraising for the annual Relay for Life event, organizing the summer “Movies in the Park” program and participating in community organizations such as the Newark Optimist club and the senior center “Brown Bag” program.
Before being elected to the Newark City Council in 2014, Mike served on the Alameda County Transportation Commissions (CTC) Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee, the Alameda County’s Democratic Central Committee and as Chair of the Tri-City Democratic Forum.
- 2017 Vice Mayor
- Alameda County Fire Advisory Commission
- Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District Policy Advisory Committee
- Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG)
- Dumbarton Rail Policy Advisory Committee
- Southern Alameda County Geographic Information System Authority
- 2014 Viola Blythe, City of Newark Volunteer of the Year
- State Assembly 2013 Local Hero Award...
- 2014 Tri-City Outstanding Democrat of the Year
- 2014 East Bay Young Dems "Youth Advocate of the Year"