Keep Newark strong and vital to this Community by promoting the SHOP NEWARK CAMPAIGN and learn how important it is to stay, play and shop in Newark!
Why It's Smart to do Business in Newark
Newark is a thriving home for many smart and successful businesses. Located at the southern end of the San Francisco Bay on 13 square miles near the water, Newark represents a diverse, bustling economy at the gateway to some of the world's most affluent markets. Newark is in the direct growth path converging from the north and south. Small town values remain, but lower housing and development costs, close proximity to skilled workforce and universities, a regionally strategic location, available land zoned for industrial use, and the offer of expeditious processing of development applications, make Newark a prime site for the new growth industries of the 21st Century.
- A part of Silicon Valley
- Stable political climate
- All utilities available with adequate capacity
- Located approximately 25 minutes away from three international airports (San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose)
- Situated at the intersection of two major highways (Interstate 880 and Highway 84)
- Strong emphasis on Quality of Life factors as reflected in award-winning recreation and youth programs, and the unique Art in Public Places Program.
- Acres of available industrial-zoned properties located in Business Park settings
- Access to highly-skilled workforce
- Located within 30 minutes of two major college research institutions (Stanford University and University of California at Berkeley)
- Within one hour of the Lawrence Livermore Federal Laboratory
- Expeditious processing of development applications
Many of California's largest and fastest-growing companies are located in Newark for good reasons! We encourage you to examine closely how well Newark works for businesses. After careful examination, we think you'll want to join us here. Your first step to get answers to your development questions is to contact our Economic Development Manager, Anne Stedler. Give Anne a call at 510-578-4273 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Need workforce assistance? Visit the Tri-Cities One-Stop Career Center located in the Ohlone College Newark Campus.
As a business owner or manager of a company in Newark, you may want to check-out "Newark Business Group" on Facebook. It's a newly formed group of Newark businesses who have a platform to share and help one another.
Demographic Information including:
- Mean Household Income
- Housing Statistics
- Latest Census Information
Development Impact Fees
The City of Newark has four development impact fees: Public Safety, Community Facilities, Transportation, and Housing.