City of Newark Recreation and
Community Services Department
MISSION: The mission of the Recreation and Community Services Department is to provide recreational, educational, and social opportunities that are competitively priced through our first class staff, facilities, services and programs which enrich the overall well-being of individuals and the community.
About Us: With eleven parks, hundreds of programs, and a full menu of services, the Newark Recreation and Community Services Department touches you and your family’s lives in many different ways. We are your partner in creating a healthy, vibrant and engaged community that values quality services and programs.
The Newark Recreation and Community Services Department helps create a sense of community that makes the City of Newark a great place to live, work and play. We offer outstanding programs and facilities including:
• The award-winning Silliman Activity and Family Aquatic Center – 68,000 sq ft facility featuring a gym, teen area, fitness area, dance studio, preschool, indoor water park, café and fully equipped locker rooms.
• Newark Community Center – featuring a new catering kitchen, weekend wedding and special event rentals and fully licensed Child Care program.
• Youth and Adult sports leagues, tournaments and camps.
• Fitness classes for youth, teens, adults and seniors.
• Community events such as summer concert series, Family Day at the Park, Senior Health and Resource Faire.
• Toddler, youth, teen and adult swim lessons.
• Jr. Lifeguard program, volunteer opportunities and much, much more!
Part of what makes a great community is the feeling of belonging - knowing there are opportunities to interact, to explore and to enrich life all in your own neighborhood. Please click on our Register For Classes to explore all the great classes and programs that we have to offer.
Silliman Activity and Family Aquatic Center
6800 Mowry Avenue
Newark, CA 94560
Fitness Center & Gymnasium
Monday - Thursday 6:00am - 9:00pm
Friday 6:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 7:00pm
Sunday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday, February 8, 2013 - 6:00am - 5:00pm
Monday, Februay 18, 2013 (President's Day) 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday, March 15, 2013 - 6:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday, March 31, 2013 (Easter Day) CLOSED
Monday, May 27, 2013 (Memorial Day) - 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday, July 4, 2013 (Independance Day) - 8:00am - 5:00pm
Monday, September 2, 2013 (Labor Day) - 8:00am - 5:00pm