If you're thinking about making changes to your home or business, erecting a fence, or adding signage to your business, the Planning Division can help you with these and other land use issues. The Planning Division can provide the zoning designation of a parcel or update you on projects throughout the City.
Common questions residents and business owners have are:
- What Zoning District is my property located in?
- What are the development standards (i.e. setbacks, height, etc) for my property?
- What types of development or businesses require Planning Commission and City Council approval?
- I would like to display a Grand Opening sign for my business. What is the process?
- What is the parking requirement for my business?
- What are the fees from the Planning Division?
- What are the new projects in the City?
Answers to these questions and more can be obtained by contacting the Planning Division at 510-578-4330 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries for zoning and general plan information can be expedited if you are able to provide both the street address and assessor's parcel number for the property in question.