If you're thinking about making changes to your home or business, erecting a fence, or adding signage to your business, the Planning Division can help you with these and other land use issues. The Planning Division can provide the zoning designation of a parcel or update you on projects throughout the City.
Common questions residents and business owners have are:
- What Zoning District is my property located in?
- What are the development standards (i.e. setbacks, height, etc) for my property?
- What types of development or businesses require Planning Commission and City Council approval?
- I would like to display a Grand Opening sign for my business. What is the process?
- What is the parking requirement for my business?
- What are the fees from the Planning Division?
- What are the new projects in the City?
Answers to these questions and more can be obtained by contacting the Planning Division at 510-578-4330 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries for zoning and general plan information can be expedited if you are able to provide both the street address and assessor's parcel number for the property in question.
The most common Planning Permit applications along with their informational summaries can be viewed and downloaded by clicking here.