If you're thinking about making changes to your home or business, erecting a fence, or adding signage to your business, the Planning Division can help you with these and other land use issues. The Planning Division can provide the zoning designation of a parcel or update you on projects throughout the City.
Common questions residents and business owners have are:
- What Zoning District is my property located in?
- What are the development standards (i.e. setbacks, height, etc) for my property?
- What types of development or businesses require Planning Commission and City Council approval?
- I would like to display a Grand Opening sign for my business. What is the process?
- What is the parking requirement for my business?
- What are the fees from the Planning Division?
- What are the new projects in the City?
Answers to these questions and more can be obtained by contacting the Planning Division at 510-578-4330 or via e-mail at email@example.com. Inquiries for zoning and general plan information can be expedited if you are able to provide both the street address and assessor's parcel number for the property in question.
The City zoning and general plan maps, as well as the complete Zoning Ordinance and General Plan, are available for purchase either through the mail or in person at City Hall. The cost for each map is $4.00. The Zoning Ordinance costs $16.50 and the General Plan (which includes the general plan map) is $25.00. All prices include postage. Purchase requests may be directed to Roxanne. Requests by mail should be addressed to: City of Newark, Planning Division, 37101 Newark Boulevard, Newark, CA, 94560. Please make checks payable to "City of Newark".