Please click on a link below to view our current openings.
- Public Safety Dispatcher - open until filled - Apply now on-line at www.CalOpps.org
- Police Officer - Lateral and Academy Graduates - Apply now on-line at www.CalOpps.org
- Police Records Supervisor - Apply now on-line at www.CalOpps.org
- Maintenance Supervisor - Apply now on-line at www.CalOpps.org
- Street Maintenance Worker II - Apply now on-line at www.CalOpps.org
- Building Attendant
- Senior Building Attendant
- Lifeguard I and II
- Senior Lifeguard
- Water Safety Instructor
- Recreation Leader I - Summer Positions
- Activity Coordinator - Summer Position
The City of Newark Human Resources Department's goal is to attract, develop and retain a diverse, well-qualified and professional workforce. An official City application and any required supplemental materials must be received by the Human Resources Department by the deadline time and date stated in the job announcement. The City of Newark is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at all levels of its workplace.
You can click on Job Application to download an application form. A separate application is required for each position you apply for. In addition, applications may be picked up from the Human Resources Department at City Hall, 37101 Newark Blvd, 4th Floor, Newark, CA 94560.
The City of Newark only accepts applications for positions that we are currently recruiting. If the City of Newark does not have a position open that you are interested in applying, you may complete an interest card by calling the Human Resources Department directly at 510-578-4267, or by sending an e-mail to us at: email@example.com with your name, address, and position of interest.
To view our class specifications (job descriptions), please visit www.IEDAsurvey.com. The login is guest152 and password is we152.