Out of Town Business & Contractors

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

All businesses located outside of Newark that are physically coming into Newark with the intentions of conducting business, performing services, or selling within Newark is required, by City Ordinance, to have a business license.


All construction contractors located outside of Newark are required to have a business license. Construction contractors located outside of Newark with project values less than $100,000 have the option of purchasing a quarterly license that is based upon the calendar year. If the project value is greater than $100,000 then the contractor is required to purchase an annual business license.

As a convenience, if the contractor comes to our office in person, it is possible to pay for the necessary building permit(s) and business license in the same transaction.

Required Forms

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer